Assignment 3: Macro
Filip Kaliszan: Man-made objects
|This is a macro image of a lighter, taken while it was being ignited.
- camera w/ Canon 180mm macro lens mounted on tripod
- lighter held in place on a flat surface.
- camera was in continuous drive mode
- f/5.6 to achieve reasonable depth of field; 1/200 sec: fast enough to keep lighter-wheel in focus, despite motion; at the same time slow enough to allow blurring of sparks (streaks)
- taken in dark room to make background perfectly black resulting in good contrast
note: i only had the 180mm macro lens available for a short time, hence I took all other photos with a regular lens.
|Jennifer: wow, creative photo!|