AXA Instructions version 1.1
AXA pro animation pencil testing, coloring and compositing software.
PART 2: EDITING AND SAVING YOUR WORK
After you finish scanning and have previewed your work using the pencil test, you can edit your frames.
- Adding frames: go to the far left of the Xsheet and click on a frame number listed down the left side of the window. This will highlight an entire row. Select insert frame from the file menu to insert a frame. This can be used to change from "twos" to "threes" for example.
- Deleting a drawing: Click on the drawing you want to select and choose CUT FRAME from the edit menu or simply press ctrl X to cut.
- Copying a frame: choose copy frame from the edit menu or press ctrl C.
- Paste Frame: Choose paste frame from menu or press ctrl V.
After you are finished editing, then pencil test it to see if it is what you want then composite the final animation.
- Select the layers you want to composite by dragging over the layer tabs that you want, and then click on compositor.
- Check the setting and make sure the export format is .AVI
- Click on composite.
- Click on play to see the output.
Now save your work:
- Save your scene and go to the desktop.
- You animation should now already be saved as a .AVI file in the directory that the scene is in.
- In the desktop click on my computer, then C drive, then the AXA folder. Go to your own personal folder and click on the directory that holds your scene. In that directory there should be a directory with the name AVI. Open that folder and find the .AVI file that has the name of your scene.
- Make a copy of that movie, and if you want it to be shown before class, copy it to the folder that has the name CLASS followed by the date of the class. YOUR movie has to make it to this folder or it cannot be shown in class.
- Once you have done the final revision of the animation and you are satisfied with it save it in the corresponding project folder. For example: Project One for the first project.