By Shai Barak
Servings: Serves 4, with plain or Indian rice.
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1-2 tbsp chicken curry masala (I think regular curry powder should work as well)
- 1 tbsp crushed fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 can peeled tomatoes (whole, which you crush by hand, or diced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lb diced chicken (or portabello)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp regular oil (such as canola)
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
Mix everything on the list between the yogurt and the salt (the yogurt, almonds, spices, ginger, and garlic) in a bowl. Add the chicken, mix well and let stand.
Melt the butter with oil in a large enough pot. Saute the onions for 3 min, then add the chicken mixture, mix well and cook uncovered until chicken is done. Add the heavy cream and mix well.