Using videotapes that have been blacked and timecoded will make your
life much easier. Laying down an uninterrupted black video signal
prepares the tape for insert editing. See the Editing Video Tapes page for more details
on insert editing, assemble editing, and timecode.
Timecode format is hour:minute:second:frame. Minutes and
seconds range from 0-60 while frames range form 0-30.
Most of the switches referred to below are behind the panel in the
bottom left corner of the front of the deck.
- Route black to the deck. Web interface: middle-click on Black,
left-click on the Analog Beta deck. Telect:
-lntsc -iblack -oanabeta
- Route the deck to a monitor of your choice. Web interface:
middle-click on Analog Beta deck, left-click on a monitor.
- Set the timecode INT/EXT switch to INT.
- Turn the character ON/OFF switch to ON (so that you can see the menu).
- Hit the menu botton.
- Pick timecode, then rec run. Use the arrow buttons to move and
- Hit the TC preset button.
- Hit the reset button.
- Hit the set button. Your timecode will now start at
- Insert your tape, make sure it is rewound.
- Hit Record and Play at the same time.
- Let your tape run all the way until the end of the tape,
unless you are desperately pressed for time.
Return to Main Video Menu
Last modified: Tue Jan 19 18:01:13 PST 1999