Making Changes in the Videolab
Don't do it.
If you just need to plug something in temporarily, use the I/O panel
on the front.
The lab is set up so that changing cables behind the rack is a last
resort. Talk to one of the people on the videolab
alias before doing so.
If you're sure that you need to actually change cabling, for
instance you're adding a new permanent piece of equipment, then
Real soon now (not functional yet):
- label both ends of the cable
- update the aliases file. pay attention to
- add the equipment to the equipment
list, and the routing control
- label the equipment front with both the English name and the
- make a web page it explaining how to use it
- rerun the script that autogenerates the telect frame info
- give the cable a unique number that fits into the cable numbering
- add the cable number info to the cable number file
The labelmaker is stored on the shelf in the blackout lab.
Return to Main Video Menu
Last modified: Wed Nov 11 14:36:57 PST 1998