Differences between revisions 41 and 42
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 135:||Line 135:|
== Rendering ==
* [wiki:Self:RenderingLecture Slides]
Papers and articles available on the web will not be handed out in class. Pointers to the online versions of papers are included by the reference. You are expected to download and print these papers yourselves. One reason for doing this is that many visualization papers contain pictures that do not reproduce well when copied. The ACM and IEEE Digital Libraries are now available online for Stanford students. They are a great resource: learn to use them.
Readings not available online will be handed out in class. They will also be available in the CS148 course handout cabinet in Gates Rm 377 (the copy room in the graphics wing 3B).
Hint: Read the material before class!
- Primer, Ch. 1 and 2
- Redbook, Ch 2, pp. 27-55
- Shirley, Ch 5 and 6
- Primer, Ch 5
- Redbook, Ch 3 (ignore viewing transformations for now)
- Primer, Ch 7.1-7.3
- Redbook, Bitmaps and Fonts, pp. 303-310
Splines and Interpolation
- Shirley, Ch 15 Curves (except for sections on B-splines, 15.6.2, 15.6.3, 15.6.4)
- Shirley, Ch. 18, focus on 18.3, skim the other sections
- Primer, Ch 3.
Light and Color
- Shirley, Ch. 20
- Redbook, Ch. 4
- Shirley, Ch. 7
- Redbook, Ch, 3
- Primer, Ch 4.1 to 4.4
- Shirley, Ch. 22 (the material in this chapter extends what was discussed in lecture)
- Shirley, Ch. 4, Sections 1-4
- Shirley, Ch. 4, Section 5
Digital Video and HDTV