It is important to attend the lectures and read the readings.
Class participation includes both in-class participation as well as participation in the discussion on this wiki. All enrolled students are required to post at least 1 substantive discussion comment or question pertaining to each lecture and set of readings. Comments or questions for each lecture must be posted within one week after the lecture.
Examples of good comments:
- Clarification of some point or detail presented in the class
- Critiques of arguments made in the papers
- Analysis of implications or future directions for work discussed in lecture or readings
- Questions about the readings or answers to other people's questions
- Links to web resources or examples that pertain to a lecture or reading
We have added a simple commenting mechanism to the wiki for each lecture page. We have also posted a couple of examples of comments for the first lecture.