It is important to attend the lectures and read the readings. Each lecture will assume that you have read and are ready to discuss the day's readings.
Class participation includes both in-class participation as well as participation in the discussion on this wiki. All enrolled students are required to post at least 1 substantive discussion comment pertaining to each lecture and set of readings. Comments or questions for each lecture must be posted by the day after the lecture.
Good comments typically exhibit one or more of the following:
- Critiques of arguments made in the papers
- Analysis of implications or future directions for work discussed in lecture or readings
- Clarification of some point or detail presented in the class
- Insightful questions about the readings or answers to other people's questions
- Links to web resources or examples that pertain to a lecture or reading
We have added a simple commenting mechanism to the wiki for each lecture page. We have also posted an example comment for the first lecture.