Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Modified from Emma Christensen
Servings: Serves 8
- 3 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, bite-sized pieces
- 1 - 2 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablesppons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- coriander, cumin, chili powder to taste
- 2 14oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups coconut milk or heavy cream
- Fresh cilantro
Marinate chicken in about 1 cup yogurt for up to 6 hours beforehand.
Combine chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, spices, salt, and tomatoes in slow cooker.
Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Fifteen minutes before eating, remove cover and add coconut milk. Add cilantro before serving.
Serve with rice.