Greek Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta/Rice
By Matt Fisher
Servings: Serves 4.
- 1 lb uncooked angel hair pasta/rice
- 1 tbsp (more or less, depending on pan) olive oil
- 4 (each 6 oz.) skinless,boneless chicken breasts (halved or whole)
- 2 cups (or less, depending on taste) chopped onion
- 1 chopped/sliced yellow bell pepper (or red or green)
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans (each 14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (crushed tomatoes work fine)
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- green and/or black olives (OPTIONAL)
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to pan and saute 3 minutes each side. Add onion, peppers, tomatoes, lemon juice, and seasonings to pan, stir well. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions (or have it with rice). Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese and olives. Serve with pasta or rice.