Final Project and Rendering Competition; proposal is due on Friday, May 25th, project on Friday, June 8th.
This course provides a broad overview of the theory and practice of rendering. Classic rendering algorithms will be covered, however, most of the course will cover current methods and algorithms for physically-based rendering.
All lecture slides will be placed online the night before class. Please try to do the readings in advance. Note: these lecture slides were not designed to be self-explanatory. I write on the slides and add a great deal of material during class.
- Apr 3 The Goals of Rendering
- Apr 5 Ray Tracing I: Basic Algorithm, Ray-Surface Intersection
- Apr 10 Ray Tracing II: Acceleration Techniques
- Apr 12 The Light Field
- Apr 17 Light Sources and Illumination
- Apr 19 Cameras and Film
- Apr 24 Sampling and Reconstruction: Filtering, Aliasing and Antialiasing
- Apr 26 Monte Carlo Integration I
- May 1 Monte Carlo Integration II
- May 3 Reflection Models I: BRDFs, Diffuse
- May 8 Reflection Models II: Glossy
- May 10 Texture and Materials
- May 15 Participating Media and Volumetric Scattering
- May 17 Light Transport and the Rendering Equation
- May 22 Monte Carlo Methods I: Path Tracing
- May 24 Monte Carlo Methods II: Irradiance Caching and Photon Maps
- May 29 Radiosity
- May 31 NO LECTURE
- Jun 5 Current Topics in Rendering (Optional)
Copyright © 2001 Pat Hanrahan