Homework 1

Installing pbrt took the most time for me. It took me some time before I realized that i needed to build project core first, and that the cygwin i had installed didn't have bison on it, and so on. Once i had built pbrt, i couldn't get exrtotiff to run for some reason. This took another huge amount of time before i finally gave up and downloaded the trial version of photoshop. Rest of the process was straight forward. As outlined in the homework, I lowered the resolution and sampling to 100x100 and 1 respectively. This made the rendering process take around 5 seconds. Then, i compared the rendered image to the given one, and tweak some parameters that i thought would make it fit better. Once i thought i had reasonable parameters, I rendered it with the final resolution and sampling.

HyunLee/HomeWork1 (last edited 2006-04-14 07:50:23 by HyunLee)