Differences between revisions 1 and 2
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
I did my project on the myth machines in Suite Hall after a few failed attempts at using Visual Studio. I rendered the images mostly by trial and error, tweaking the parameters of the “point from” method for spot lights, and the “translate” and “rotate” methods for area light sources. The hardest image for me to render was configuration 1. I had trouble getting the dark background while maintaining lights on the ears and the face. The other images were not as hard for me to set up. Also, the extra shots for configuration were a big help in setting that one up.
I also started to play around with textures, using the checkerboard texture. Nothing too spectacular, but just a start to see how textures are used in PBRT. Here are a couple of images I made: