I did my project on the myth machines in Suite Hall after a few failed attempts at using Visual Studio. I rendered the images mostly by trial and error, tweaking the parameters of the “point from” method for spot lights, and the “translate” and “rotate” methods for area light sources. The hardest image for me to render was configuration 1. I had trouble getting the dark background while maintaining lights on the ears and the face. The other images were not as hard for me to set up. Also for configuration 4, the extra images really helped to set up the lights. I also started to play around with texture mapping. Nothing too spectacular but was just trying to get a feel for how to use textures in PBRT. Here are some of the images I made:

SeanKandel/HW1 WRITEUP (last edited 2006-04-14 05:10:18 by SeanKandel)